Code 16, as indicated by the error message, “Windows cannot identify all the resources this device uses. To specify additional resources for this device, click the Resources tab and fill in the missing settings. Check your hardware documentation to find out what settings to use (Code 16),”
Error Code 16
is an error that suggests the device is only partially configured and may require additional manual configuration of its resources to function properly. To resolve this issue, follow the recommended resolution steps below, which are applicable for Plug and Play devices:
- Access Device Manager:
- Likewise click on the “Start” button.
- In the search bar, type “Device Manager” and select “Device Manager” from the search results.
- Locate the Device:
- In Device Manager, find the device that is displaying the Code 16 error. It will be listed under the relevant category.
- Access the Resources Tab:
- Likewise double-click on the device to open its properties window.
- Within the properties window, navigate to the “Resources” tab.
- Check for Missing Settings:
- On the Resources tab, check if there is a question mark or any resource settings that appear to be missing or incomplete.
- Assign Missing Resources:
- If you identify any missing resources, select the resource(s) with the question mark or missing settings.
- Assign the missing resource(s) to the device. This typically involves specifying the appropriate settings based on your hardware documentation.
- Change Settings (if needed):
- Likewise if a resource cannot be changed directly, click the “Change Settings” button (if available).
- If “Change Settings” is unavailable, try clearing the “Use automatic settings” checkbox to make it accessible.
- Save and Close:
- Additionally after configuring the resources, save any changes made by clicking “OK” or “Apply” in the device’s properties window.
It’s important to note that these steps are primarily applicable to Plug and Play devices. If the device is not Plug and Play, and you are unsure how to configure its resources, refer to the device’s documentation or contact the device manufacturer for specific instructions.
Lastly by following these steps, you can address the Code 16 error by specifying and configuring the necessary resources for the device. Likewise this manual configuration should allow the device to function correctly. Lastly, ensuring that all required resources are properly allocated. Lastly, ASUS Wireless 802.11n card driver.